When Pixie was younger (around two or three years old), we would blast music and dance all over the place. The girl loved music. She still does. However, I didn't exactly think about some of the songs that were being played and certainly didn't censor them when she was out of the room.
I learned my lesson... the hard way.
One day after playing some games and getting a snack, we moved into the living room to settle down and just hang out with some quiet time, I thought. Pixie had another idea, though. In walked my daughter... my sweet, perfect little angel... bobbing her head and signing happily.
I paused a moment, because I was sure I misunderstood.
"What... did you just say, honey?"
"I sing!"
She bobbed her little head and sang it again.
"Choke me, spank me, pull my hair!"
GASP!!!!!
Why was Xzibit spewing out of my sweet little Pixie princess' mouth?
To say that I was horrified is an understatement. I went into full internal meltdown mode. Outwardly, cool as a cucumber. "Oh, honey? Mommy doesn't really like that song anymore. Let's sing something else, ok?"
Thank God she agreed and moved on to something more benign. I managed to swallow down the panic attack that was coming. I don't know why I didn't wear earphones before, but you can bet your sweet bippy I wore them from there on!
It was a lesson for me. Even if she is out of the room, it doesn't mean she is out of earshot... and maybe Mommy shouldn't go without the ol' 'phones again.
I'm just glad I hadn't played any of the really raunchy songs I knew about then. Whew!
Lesson learned,
D
No comments:
Post a Comment